- Develop and implement comprehensive advertising and marketing plans
- Marketing committee provides oversight
- Maintain online presence through website, social media & other online tools
- Promote Chamber-Sponsored Events –Victorian Christmas, Haunted Trolley Tour
- Facilitating visits by Travel Writers and Tour Operators
- Providing updated information to TravelOregon.com and Travel Southern Oregon – the state and regional destination marketing organizations
- The Marketing Coordinator role is part time position. The Marketing Coordinator works from home office on a flexible schedule so email is the preferred communication option.
This website is managed by the Jacksonville Oregon Chamber of Commerce and Business Association. Our goal is to provide information that is helpful for visitors and residents to experience all that Jacksonville and the immediate surrounding are have to offer.
The Trolley currently runs June through September (daily, 10:30 am -2:30 pm.)
May & October Fridays – Mondays. November-April- Closed (request private event)
Who We Are
The Jacksonville Oregon Chamber of Commerce and Business Association is a membership organization comprised of local businesses and non-profit organizations, regional service providers, and others interested in supporting a vibrant business community. Our activities are overseen by a Board of Directors and rely on member volunteers for most of our initiatives.
Our members help us identify where our energies and resources should be directed by their own involvement. So if you don’t see an initiative you would like, step up and help us develop it.
The Chamber runs the Visitor Information Center (VIC) under a management agreement with the city. The agreement is related to the allocation of the local Transient Lodging Tax.
The center is staffed with paid employees and overseen by a part-time Visitor Services Coordinator. We are located at 185 North Oregon Street, next to the Post Office.
We also lease the Trolley from the city and operate narrated history tours. The trolley runs Fridays – Mondays in May and October and daily June – September providing narrated tours of the historic sites. The Executive Director provides management oversight for the trolley tours and private rentals.
Destination Marketing under the expanded management agreement with the City, we also oversee marketing and promotional initiatives. The Marketing Coordinator serves as the primary contact point for the regional and state staff. Activities related to that role include:
BOOK YOUR STAY