In response to COVID-19, The Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce is providing Jacksonville-specific resources for the community, local businesses, and visitors.
Jackson County COVID resources
State of Oregon COVID-19 response. MORE INFO
- RETAIL STORES ARE OPEN: Limiting retail stores and retail malls (indoor and outdoor) to a maximum of 75% capacity and encouraging curbside pickup.
- RESTAURANTS/BARS/COFFEE SHOPS/WINERIES: Limiting eating and drinking establishments to outdoor seating, take-out and delivery only.
- Closing venues (that host or facilitate indoor or outdoor events).
- Limiting social get-togethers (indoors and outdoors) to no more than six people, total, from no more than two households.
- Limiting faith-based organizations to a maximum of 25 people indoors or 50 people outdoors.
- Closing gyms and fitness organizations.
- Closing indoor recreational facilities, museums, indoor entertainment activities, and indoor pools and sports courts.
- Closing zoos, gardens, aquariums, outdoor entertainment activities, and outdoor pools.
- Limiting grocery stores and pharmacies to a maximum of 75% capacity and encouraging curbside pickup.
- Requiring all businesses to mandate work-from-home to the greatest extent possible and closing offices to the public.
- Prohibiting indoor visiting in long-term care facilities (outdoor visitation permitted for supporting quality of life).
5/18/20: Phase One Reopening resources and Information:
4/7/2020: Fraud and Scams. Be careful! We have heard of, and noticed an uptick of illegitimate solicitations, via telephone, text, email, web, etc. Legitimate agencies, banks, and the government will not contact you offering/soliciting help and asking for your information. Just because something looks and sounds official, does not mean that it is. Don’t be swayed by persuasive stories, immediate calls to action, or unsolicited offers of assistance. Do not give out personal, financial, or important information. Be wary, as bad actors seek to use the present situation to their advantage.
4/3/2020: Need help? Want to Help? Here’s a great new resource for the Rogue Valley: https://roguevalley.recovers.org/
Your health and safety are important to us. In our effort to help slow the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted the measures issued by Governor Brown. See the Governor’s announcement here. Please take protective measures – staying home (minimal, only essential, distanced public interactions), frequently washing hands, covering coughs and sneezes, etc. More information can be found here.
In alignment with local, state and federal guidelines, we have made a deliberate choice to not staff the Information Center for face-to-face interaction and have shifted our focus to this website. In addition we are available via telephone at 541-899-8118. A selection of our most popular maps, historic information, etc. are available 24 hrs a day outside the Visitor’s Information Center, 185 N. 5th Street.
Our goal is to serve the community of Jacksonville and maintain resources including: listings of functioning restaurants (for take-out, curbside delivery, home delivery, food trucks & drive-thrus), merchants, tasting rooms, lodging, services currently open.
As this is a fluid situation, please check back regularly both here and via our social media accounts.
Facebook: @JacksonvilleOregon Instagram: @visitjacksonville